Media.net, Directi’s Internet Advertising Division, is one of the world’s leading companies in the Contextual Advertising space. We build technology that identifies the intent of a user viewing a webpage and then shows advertisements related to what the user is looking for. We use Machine Learning, Data Mining, Linguistic Analysis and Advanced Statistics to build contextual models to understand pages on the internet. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 100’s of terabytes of data. Sounds incredible? Come meet us, we’re taking it to the next level!
What is the job like?
Media.Net is expanding at a rapid pace and looking for a Head of Copy (seasoned copywriter himself/herself) to manage/mentor a team of copywriters, content writers through day-to-day activities, strategize and conceptualize messaging and communication across all media (website, online/offline advertisements, social media, blogs, marketing collaterals, sales pitch etc.) and create & standardize content management processes.
The copy head role is a very strategic & dynamically placed role, which would in essence:
- Build a cohesive, high capability, high performance content team that would write & churn out curated content on a daily basis for various team & client needs for our contextual advertising, domain parking & monetization businesses.
- Establishing standards, systems and processes for content creation and publishing, in line with internal practices, client requirements and company policies & frameworks.
- Carry out complete quality & integrity checks on all content that is created by the team daily & ensure the quality levels are complied with. Check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured.
- Ensure duplication / plagiarism checks are done on all outgoing content to ensure integrity.
- Ensure correct grammar and spelling & not be averse to picking out the smallest of errors to ensure only the highest quality levels in content creation are followed.
- Ensure the written content/material is clear and consistent, complete and credible, and that text is well written, grammatically correct and flows well.
- Ensure the text is in line with the publisher’s ‘house style’ or ‘brand voice’ &/or ‘tone’
- Check facts and raise queries with the author/s as & when required.
- Look out for potential legal/compliance/plagiarism related problems and discuss them with the publisher/s & or in-house teams.
- Any other tasks within the framework as may be required by the Sr Directors, Management, etc.
Who should apply?
The right candidate must:
- Have at least 6-10 years of experience in Copy writing, editing & delivery, (samples required), preferably with extensive digital media copywriting background. Preferably with the top 5 Ad Agencies in India.
- Have been in a leadership role for atleast 2 years, handling teams that dole out winning content routinely.
- Have strong ability to mentor and manage a content team in an effort to drive their performance & be a centre of excellence for content.
- Must have managed a team of at least 5-10 people in his/her earlier role.
- Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients’ products or services.
- Have experience coordinating projects with external and internal stakeholders necessary.
- Maintain interest in commerce, new advertising/marketing trends and techniques and competitor activities and successful campaigns in the market.
- Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- Be versatile as he or she may be called upon to work in a variety of media, voices and formats.
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Be able to work under pressure and manage workload effectively.
- High level of drive, initiative and self-motivation.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in mass media/ advertising/ communications/ journalism/ marketing/Liberal Arts
- Experience in a variety of media is a plus, e.g., print, broadcast, direct mail, electronic / interactive media, collateral, etc.
Benefits & Perks
Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!