Media.net is one of the world’s leading companies in the Contextual Advertising space that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Since its founding, Media.net has constantly broken new ground in building innovative contextual advertising solutions.. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 100’s of pentabytes of data.
With more than 1300+ employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
What is the Job like?
Media.net is seeking to hire a Sr. Business Development Specialist for our amazing team in Mumbai. The right candidate will be responsible for New Client Acquisition, Sales Strategies and Execution in addition to liaising with teams internally for deliverability across various global projects.
1. Marketing & Business Development
- Leading conventional and creative, online and offline marketing initiatives including advertising, direct marketing, participating in relevant conferences, developing strategic partnerships, generating lead databases, social media marketing, online marketing through forums, user groups, viral marketing etc. You will be expected to deliver a high ROI on all your marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for product enhancement, product marketing and cross-channel communication with multiple teams across our global offices, publishers and advertisers
- Work with teams internally to help define product vision and strategy.
- Identify potential customers and new areas of business in tandem with conducting competitor, client and marketplace analysis.
- Lead ad-hoc projects, both internal and external that focus on growth of the business.
2. Account Management
- Be the primary point of contact for Media.net partners and build relationships.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships of a portfolio of customers along with Providing monetization & optimization recommendations while ensuring all suggestions comply with policy.
- Partner with the Business Development and Sales team to identify and execute growth opportunities with existing partners.
- Competition Research and Interpretation of partner feedback to provide relevant feedback to product teams internally.
3. Business Strategy
- Identifying, inducting and leading a team of “A” players to expand our publisher and channel partner base and involve cross-cutting responsibilities such as strategy, marketing, research, advertising, business development, general management, product planning and management, constant interaction with all the relevant tech teams, and a P&L responsibility.
- Build and execute structure and process frameworks to facilitate existing growth and channel management.
Who should apply for this role?
- Graduate from any stream, 2-4 years of relevant experience
- You have immaculate written and oral communication skills, excellent negotiation skills, business acumen and a penchant for sales and marketing.
- Aptitude & willingness to learn technology
- You have experience in market research, targeting and segmentation, planning and implementing advertising campaigns (online and offline), building kick-ass presentations, event management, social media marketing, etc.
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!