Media.net a Directi company, powers the Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program and is a leading global contextual advertising company that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Our diverse client base includes web publishers with premium content as well as registrars, hosting companies and holders of high value domain portfolios. We aim to consistently deliver long-term superior performance by using leading-edge technology, high-quality research, and proprietary processes that allow us to display the most precisely targeted, highest paying sponsored links and ad topics. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 1000’s of terabytes of data.
What is the job like?
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to work full-time as part of our design, development and strategy team. You will be a crucial part of delivering innovative solutions to design problems. If you are passionate about design and have proven experience of designing and prototyping intuitive digital products and services, we would love to talk to you. The role requires working closely with our development and project management teams to research, plan and deliver each project.
- Designing digital platforms from conception, wire-framing, prototyping, through to visual design
- Creating functioning prototypes of digital products and services
- Helping Time estimation and planning of project tasks with the wider team
- Mentoring of junior UI/UX designers
- Working with development teams to coordinate handoffs of design assets
Who should apply for this role?
- 4 to 6 years of software development experience.
- A track record of working on scalable interactive web applications, preferably at a major internet property or well known startup
- Good grasp on programming fundamentals including OOP, Design Patterns, Algorithms, Data Structures, Networking and OS Concepts
- Excellent experience of Object Oriented Design, and of MVC frameworks
- Excellent understanding of Web, HTTP, Sessions, Cookies, Caching techniques
- Familiarity with relational databases, experience of writing complex queries (we use MS-SQL/MySQL)
- Can exhibit a passion and enthusiasm for remarkable technology (Knowledge and contribution to open source projects, Active Blog, etc…)
- Ability to learn emerging technical standards and apply/coach development team in proper adoption
- As an individual – it’s in your nature to question why things are the way they are.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum etc), are an active blogger, contribute to open source projects or have the ability to rattle off the names of every planet from Issac Asimov’s Foundation Trilogy in reverse alphabetical order.
Benefits & Perks
Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!