Media.net is one of the world’s leading companies in the Contextual Advertising space that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Since its founding, Media.net has constantly broken new ground in building innovative contextual advertising solutions.. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 100’s of pentabytes of data.
With more than 850 employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
What is the Job and Team like?
We are building a novel SaaS app in the email marketing vertical. It’s going to be more integrated and automated than any other solution on the market. The task is daunting, but we love challenges and we are always on the lookout for people who want to be the best at what they do to join us. We’re recruiting for people with a passion for algorithms, code and the ability to lead and manage high-performance teams. It’s all green-field work, with very little legacy so you’ll have the chance to build your ideal process/team structures.
- Opportunity to develop game-changing, globally distributed, internet advertising products used by millions worldwide.
- Contribute hands-on, own, collaborate and deliver new features and services at a fast pace.
- Build platforms, frameworks, APIs, libraries & automated tools to facilitate rapid issue resolution and development & deployment of new features and changes.
- Own the prioritization, scoping and scheduling processes for new products and features.
- Work with and advise management on technical aspects, make well-informed decisions.
- Improve processes, technology & the applications you own continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team.
- Prioritize tech-debt and ensure the platforms and applications meet the latest industry standards.
- Learn new technology & practices, coach the team and conduct training sessions – devote time for learning and continuous improvement of self and team.
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service oriented attitude while designing and building products.
- Recruit the best by owning the recruitment processes for your teams.
Location: Mumbai (strong preference) and Pune (Senior level only)
Who should apply for this role?
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, a positive attitude and a hunger for growth.
- Empathy and the ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- We like people with strong educational pedigree (B.Tech, BE, BSC.IT, MCAs) but we won’t ding you if you’re self taught or just born brilliant 🙂
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience developing software using modern Frontend technologies (ES6, React, Webpack/Babel etc)
- Expertise in building complex layouts with modern CSS (Grid/Flexbox) and HTML.
- Experience building and debugging complex distributed, real-time systems in a team environment.
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff.
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve.
- Experience working with Babel/Webpack/Gulp.
- Experience with WebSockets, Local Storage and ES6.
- Familiarity with scalable, realtime distributed systems.
- We highly value contributions to open source projects; is there a public source repository or project that you are particularly proud of?
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!