Media.net a Directi company, powers the Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program and is a leading global contextual advertising company that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Our diverse client base includes web publishers with premium content as well as registrars, hosting companies and holders of high value domain portfolios. We aim to consistently deliver long-term superior performance by using leading-edge technology, high-quality research, and proprietary processes that allow us to display the most precisely targeted, highest paying sponsored links and ad topics. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 1000’s of terabytes of data.
What is the job like?
You will be part of the product engineering efforts in multiple areas of our ad serving technology stack and work with world class R&D teams to develop world’s leading advertising platform.
Our platform is built using myriad technologies, complex algorithms to identify right ads for the user based on contextual and profile information.
In this role you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of one or more areas – including architecture, design, coding, deployment etc.
We believe that ‘code speaks louder than words’ and as such expect everyone at every level in the engineering team to be comfortable rolling up their sleeves, firing up their favorite IDE and writing clean, testable and well-designed code.
Who should apply for this role?
- Good grasp on programming fundamentals including OOP, Design Patterns, Data Structures, Networking and OS Concepts
- Flexible to work on any technology. Should be able to pick-up new technologies fast.
- Expertise in any programming language
- Good knowledge of relational databases and writing complex SQL queries
- Good knowledge of web 2.0 technologies
- Knowledge of distributed systems, Multi-threading, network programming.
- Exhibit passion and enthusiasm for building and maintaining large scale platforms.
- Passionate about automated testing, good design, performance and scalability.
- Able to solve complex algorithms
- Excellent coding skills
- Excellent analytical, logical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering or related field
Benefits & Perks
Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!