Media.net a Directi company, powers the Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program and is a leading global contextual advertising company that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Our diverse client base includes web publishers with premium content as well as registrars, hosting companies and holders of high value domain portfolios. We aim to consistently deliver long-term superior performance by using leading-edge technology, high-quality research, and proprietary processes that allow us to display the most precisely targeted, highest paying sponsored links and ad topics. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 1000’s of terabytes of data.
What is the job like?
The main focus of Linux systems architect is to architect, develop, automate and deploy products and infrastructure based on Linux and Linux application stacks.
- Design systems architecture for projects using Linux and Linux application stacks (LAMP, Ruby, Postgres, Java, Python etc)
- Capacity planning
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms.
- Design and implement internal cloud infrastructure
- Automation and implementation of permanent resolutions to prevent outages / downtimes
- Responsible for architecting deployments for High Availability, scalability and reliability
- Design and implement platforms for monitoring, log processing, metrics collection and data visualization.
- Script and code tools (in shell/perl/ruby/python etc) for automation and efficient management of sites/products
- Infrastructure and platform security.
- Puppet configuration management.
- Lead and mentor a team of Operations Engineers.
- Liaise with application development teams to drive operational best practices.
Who should apply for this role?
You are an expert/master in some of the below tools/skills –
- Linux: In depth Linux/Unix fundamentals, Good understanding the various linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc), Understanding of various distributions nuances (RHEL/Centos etc), Package management etc
- Fundamentals: DNS & Networking Fundamentals, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
- Storage: RAID, DAS, SAN, NAS
- Application Stacks: LAMP, Nginx/HAproxy/ATS, Wackamole, Email Platforms, Tomcat.
- Cloud Infrastructure: OpenStack
- Databases: SQL/RDBMS, MySQL/NDB, Postgres, MySQL/Postgres/Slony Replication.
- Configuration management: Puppet
- Tools/Utilities: Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Kickstart/Cobbler, Mcollective, Yum, RPM, GIT/SVN
- Scripting/Programming: Multiple scripting/programming languages – Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/PHP.
- Others: Regular expressions, Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Systems/Hardware: LOM/IPMI/IP KVMs, Dell Hardware.
Benefits & Perks
Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!