About us: Media.Net
Media.net, powers the Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program and is a leading global contextual advertising company that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Our diverse client base includes web publishers with premium content as well as registrars, hosting companies and holders of high value domain portfolios. We aim to consistently deliver long-term superior performance by using leading-edge technology, high-quality research, and proprietary processes that allow us to display the most precisely targeted, highest paying sponsored links and ad topics. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 1000’s of terabytes of data.
With more than 850 employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
Designation: Director, Buyer Development (Emerging Media)
Job Location: New York/San Francisco, United States
The Director, Buyer Development (Emerging Media) is responsible for generating, managing, and growing CTV/OTT, DOOH, audio, and other emerging media-focused agency/buyer relationships, advertiser spend, and commercial solutions on Media.net Exchange, the next-gen marketplace featuring proprietary contextual enrichment and industry-leading efficiency across the premium programmatic supply. The candidate should strive to exceed revenue targets through evangelizing the platform, active selling, account management, program implementation, and managing terms and expectations for new and existing clients. They should also possess strong sales skills, self-serve programmatic experience and buy-side relationships at holding companies, independent agencies and in-house brand programmatic teams.
- Be an integral part of a fast paced, hardworking, fun loving, global team
- Grow platform spend to meet and exceed goals while continuously prospecting new business
- Work with advertiser partners on a daily basis while providing excellent client service including proactive media packaging of publisher opportunities resulting in higher revenue
- Identify additional revenue opportunities within existing clients
- Develop a strong understanding of Media.net technology and media solutions from an intellectual and applied perspective; communicate the value proposition to drive business growth
- Build and maintain close working relationships with multiple internal departments with a strong understanding of internal cross-functional communication/collaboration
- Attend industry events and conferences to network and grow your industry knowledge (as viable)
- 3+ years applicable emerging media experience in either Programmatic Ad Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Relationship Management or Sales roles in the online industry with proven experience and success selling Programmatic offerings into major Agency Programmatic Buying divisions, and Brands running Programmatic in-house
- Ideal desired experience includes coming from prior roles bringing both Brand and Advertiser relevant contacts as well as proven success selling Programmatic into Brands directly
- Expertise in CTV, DOOH and/or Online Audio selling and agency relationships
- Knowledge of major Brand/Advertiser focused programmatic space
- Knowledge of programmatic buying and selling including: pricing models, optimization tactics, audience trends and buying technologies
- Proficiency in Excel with a proven ability to convey data and analysis to drive business
- Bring pre-existing relationships with agencies and automated buying platforms
- Strong presentation (Including PowerPoint) and negotiation skills.
Media.net is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!