Media.net is a technology company of 1700+ employees focused on developing innovative monetization products for digital publishers and advertisers.
Media.net’s next generation ad exchange is a first-of-its-kind solution designed from the ground up with two simple goals in mind; provide marketers with the most efficient path to maximize working media across all formats in programmatic supply, and enrich buying with our proprietary contextual engine to ultimately drive better business outcomes in a more relevant consumer advertising experience.
Multiple locations (NYC / Midwest / West Coast)
The Director of Buyer Development (Agencies/Brands) is responsible for generating, managing and growing advertiser spend on Media.net Exchange, the next-gen marketplace featuring proprietary contextual enrichment and industry-leading efficiency across premium programmatic supply. The candidate should strive to exceed revenue targets through evangelizing the platform, active selling, account management, program implementation and managing terms and expectations for new and existing clients. They should also possess strong sales skills, self-serve programmatic experience and buy side relationships at holding companies, independent agencies and in-house brand programmatic teams.
- Be an integral part of a high paced, hardworking, fun loving, global team
- Grow platform spend to meet and exceed goals while continuously prospecting new business
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and ongoing direct client management and entertainment (as viable)
- Work with advertiser partners on a daily basis while providing excellent customer service including proactive media packaging of publisher opportunities resulting in higher publisher revenue
- Identify additional revenue opportunities within existing clients
- Develop a strong understanding of Media.net technology and media solutions from an intellectual and applied perspective; communicate the value proposition to drive business growth
- Build and maintain close working relationships with multiple internal departments with a strong understanding for internal cross-functional communication/collaboration
- Attend industry events and conferences to network and grow your industry knowledge (as viable)
- 5+ years applicable experience in either Programmatic Ad Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Relationship Management or Sales roles in the online industry with proven experience and success selling Programmatic offerings into major Agency Programmatic Buying divisions, and Brands running Programmatic in-house
- Ideal desired experience includes coming from prior roles bringing both Brand and Advertiser relevant contacts as well as proven success selling Programmatic into Brands directly
- Knowledge of major Brand/Advertisers focused programmatic space
- Knowledge of programmatic buying and selling including: pricing models, optimization tactics, audience trends and buying technologies
- Proficiency in Excel with a proven ability to convey data and analysis to drive business
- Bring pre-existing relationships with agencies and automated buying platforms
- Strong presentation (Including PowerPoint) and negotiation skills.
Media.net is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.