Media.net is one of the world’s leading companies in the Contextual Advertising space that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Since its founding, Media.net has constantly broken new ground in building innovative contextual advertising solutions. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 100’s of petabytes of data.
With 1000+ employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.Net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
What is the job like?
We build systems that include massive database infrastructure, relevance algorithms, ad delivery engines, data mining systems, web user interfaces etc. The team is directly responsible for increasing company revenues.
You would have to:
- Work with Senior Management to understand the requirements clearly and come-up with ways to address them
- Process large volume of data and conduct detailed investigations into accuracy, completeness and integrity of the data
- Import and export large volume of data to database tables as required. Should be able to write Data Definition Language or Data Manipulation Language SQL commands
- Analyze the data to identify trends and patterns and share the results through effective presentation; such as charts, graphs in excel or PowerPoint
- Develop programs, methodologies to analyze data on a regular basis
- Research new data sources and analytical tools
- Develop awareness and familiarity with data issues affecting the business on an ongoing basis
Who should apply for this role?
- A strong analytical mind with ability to process information logically
- 2+ years of Experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong data interpretation skills and ability to work with numbers is a must
- Self-starter – Must be productive with minimal direction
- Ability to work in a fast paced, technical, cross functional environment
- Excellent visual design sense regarding clear and accurate presentation of data
- Proficiency in SQL is highly desired
- Proficiency in excel and any statistical and analytical tools such as SAS, SPSS is a big plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Internet Industry and Online Advertising Business is a plus
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!