Media.net is one of the world’s leading companies in the Contextual Advertising space that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Since its founding, Media.net has constantly broken new ground in building innovative contextual advertising solutions.. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 100’s of pentabytes of data.
With 1000+ employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
What is the Job and Team like?
All our projects are RDBMS intensive. The job involves architecting and developing large database-centric applications, for deployment over a large and distributed architecture that heavily relies upon replication to distribute data updates across a multitude of servers.
This is a hands-on position and the candidate is expected to be actively involved in code execution and review.
Who should apply for this role?
Depending on the candidate’s experience and inclination, responsibilities will either be structured to focus on execution or management. Regardless, each candidate is expected to be hands-on technical.
Responsibilities will include end-to-end product ownership including architecture, design, execution and management of a large and complex platform that records and analyzes large volumes of data.These will stretch from generating complex SQL to gain business insight out of the many levels of data, to writing detailed Stored Procedures that give split second responses, to generating OLAP cubes that can be used by business analysts.
- 1-5 years of experience in database design, optimization and querying
- Good oral/written communication skills in English
- Expert knowledge of SQL and T-SQL
- Thorough knowledge on working of indexes, types of indexes, and indexing algorithms
- Experience in architecting, optimizing and maintaining large databases (hundreds of gigabytes)
- Expert knowledge of MS SQL Server internals, system tables and databases
- Expertise in query tuning using query hints and indexes
- Ability to create and maintain DTS/SSIS packages
- People who have hands on experience with tera/peta bytes of data are highly desired
- Experience in building highly scalable, near-real-time data pipeline are preferred
- Business Intelligence experience/knowledge with a strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, data modeling concepts and design
- Experience with Multidimensional/Relational OLAP (MOLAP, ROLAP) and MDX scripting.
- Programming skills in any platform
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Process oriented: Demonstrable commitment to following processes, commenting, documentation, testing etc
- Statistics Expert — should be able to derive the Chi-sqared Distribution from a general exponential distribution
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!