About us: Media.Net
Media.net is one of the world’s leading companies in the Contextual Advertising space that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Since its founding, Media.net has constantly broken new ground in building innovative contextual advertising solutions. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 100’s of pentabytes of data.
With more than 850 employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
What is the Job and Team like?
Candidate will be responsible for planning, design, implementation and support of LAN, WAN and firewalls in business-critical production environments. Specific responsibilities include:
- Works independently in trouble- shooting and providing technical and developer support for products / solutions via email, chat, etc in 24×7 environment
- Typically interact with systems administration teams at client locations
- Configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of routers and switches (primarily Juniper devices), Firewalls devices including Sonicwall, Juniper SRX and Palo Alto
- Design, implement and manage the LAN & WAN setup for Group offices and globally distributed Data centers.
- Ensure all networks of Media.net group are always available and secure
- Ensure all network design documdirectientation are updated in the systems
- Setup manage and maintain DDOS mitigation system
- Setup manage and maintain Wireless networks for office including HP and Aruba Wireless products
- Trouble shoots and maintains the WAN network consisting of multiple P2P and VPN links from different service providers
- Manage a large LAN deployment with more than 2000 end points
- Manage the setup of small home offices of executives
Who should apply for this role? (Experience required, skills, Roles and Responsibilities)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Years of Experience : 2 to 3 years
- Certification: JNCIA, JNCIS, CCNA, CCNP
- Worked in either Enterprise or Data center environment
- Experience with Configuring and Troubleshooting Routing – BGP,IS-IS, OSPF
- Experience with Configuring and Troubleshooting Switching – VLANs, VTP, STP, HSRP, VRRP, QoS
- Experience with Configuring and Troubleshooting Firewalls and VPNs
- Exposure to open source network monitoring tools like : Nfsen ,Nagios,cacti will be an added benefit
- Fundamental understanding of Windows and Linux networking stack is a must
- Willing to work in rotational shifts
Benefits and Culture
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!