Media.net is one of the world’s leading companies in the Contextual Advertising space that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Since its founding, Media.net has constantly broken new ground in building innovative contextual advertising solutions. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 100’s of petabytes of data.
With 1700+ employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.Net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
What is the job like?
You will be part of the product engineering efforts in multiple areas of our ad serving technology stack and work with world-class R&D teams to develop world’s leading advertising platform.
Our platform is built using myriad technologies, complex algorithms to identify right ads for the user based on contextual and profile information.
In this role you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of one or more areas – including architecture, design, coding, deployment etc.
We believe that ‘code speaks louder than words’ and as such expect everyone at every level in the engineering team to be comfortable rolling up their sleeves, firing up their favourite IDE and writing clean, testable and well-designed code.
Who should apply for this role?
- 3 – 5 years of experience in building or managing large scale distributed systems
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- Good grasp on programming fundamentals including OOP, Design Patterns, Data Structures, Networking and OS Concepts
- Excellent coding skills.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, Multi-threading, network programming.
- Solid knowledge of Java, Redis, NoSql Databases, Kafka/Kinesis/Spark, Aerospike etc
- Exhibit passion and enthusiasm for building and maintaining large scale platforms.
- Passionate about automated testing, good design, performance and scalability.
- Able to solve complex algorithms.
- Flexible to work on any technology. Should be able to pick-up new technologies fast.
- Excellent analytical, logical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!