Media.net is a leading, global ad tech company that focuses on creating the most transparent and efficient path for advertiser budgets to become publisher revenue. Our proprietary contextual technology is at the forefront of enhancing Programmatic buying, the latest industry standard in ad buying for digital platforms.
The Media.net platform powers major global publishers and ad-tech businesses at scale across ad formats like display, video, mobile, native, as well as search. Media.net’s U.S. HQ is based in New York, and the Global HQ is in Dubai. With office locations and consultant partners across the world, Media.net takes pride in the value-add it offers to its 50+ demand and 21K+ publisher partners, in terms of both products and services.
Media.net in 1 year
– 125B+ ads served
– 17M+ URLs monetized
– 1B+ ad clicks managed
– 6T+ ad impressions delivered
What is the job like?
Your team is focused on improving and promoting the availability, stability and performance of our infrastructure, systems, and applications. An SRE’s responsibilities will include:
- Shaping the scopeand expertise for SRE practices across the team.
- Building reliability and resiliency into our infrastructure, tools, services, and processes working with our development team, plus establishing practices for supporting, and running them that allow us to keep services highly available to our clients, easily supportable by our developers, and operable for the company.
- Driving design, implementation, and support of large-scale infrastructure. You and your team will participate in the design and implementation phases for new and existing products.
- Developing policies and procedures that improve overall platform stability and participate in shared on-call schedule.
Who should apply for this role?
- B.Tech/M.Tech or Equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 6-8 years of experience in handling services in a large-scale distributed system.
- Led a team of 3 to 4 SREs.
- Deep understanding of network stack (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN, etc.)
- Deep understanding of modern software architectures, including load-balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems failure modes generally, microservices and big data technologies.
- Excellent programming (Python, Go, Ruby or preferred scripting languages) and automation skills.
- You have expertise in one or more of the below tools/skills :Container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Mesos.
- Virtualization platforms, either on-prem or cloud- based (We use Open stack and AWS).
- Understands Infrastructure as a code (we use Puppet, Ansible and Terraform) and containerization tool sets (we use Docker).
- Relational databases like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL etc
- NoSQL databases like Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB etc.
- One or more CI tools like Jenkins, and Teamcity.
- Centralized logging systems, metrics, and tooling frameworks such as ELK, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Web and Application servers like Apache, Nginx, Tomcat.
- Versioning tools such as git.
- Ability to work independently and own problem statements end-to-end.
- Great communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Adaptable to working in a fast-paced environment and alter priorities as per business needs.
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!