About us: Media.Net
Media.net, powers the Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program and is a leading global contextual advertising company that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Our diverse client base includes web publishers with premium content as well as registrars, hosting companies and holders of high value domain portfolios. We aim to consistently deliver long-term superior performance by using leading-edge technology, high-quality research, and proprietary processes that allow us to display the most precisely targeted, highest paying sponsored links and ad topics. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 1000’s of terabytes of data.
With more than 1700+ employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in documentation
- Participate in process streamlining
- Adhere to various processes and procedures
- Good Coordination with teammates and working as a Team.
- Ability to troubleshoot real-time production problems.
- Create regular analytics to ensure agreed SLAs are maintained.
- Manage escalations
- Manage the physical server and virtual environment infrastructure ensuring uptime and optimal performance
- Deploy and support all business software on-premise or in cloud infrastructure.
- Maintain and update the Daily task/project list
- 1 to 3 years of real hands-on experience in Windows/ Linux system administration and storage administration tasks and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft server OS and Active Directory administration
- Experience with Citrix Xen Virtualization administration
- Experience with Google Workspace administration and setting up SSO with Google Workspace and Active Directory
- Experience with building and managing high throughput database servers on Linux.
- Configuration and management of DNS, Mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP), and SFTP services.
- Good PERL, Shell and Python scripts skills – Basic
- Server backups and data recovery tools and technologies
- Experience with installation / patching of operating systems, application software
- Deep knowledge of underlying hardware subsystems / technologies and troubleshooting experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, must be able to interact within the team and other technical groups
- Exposure to Cloud technologies, especially AWS is desirable
- Candidates are required to have deep knowledge of Storage subsystems setup, manage, and troubleshoot SAN / NAS installations.
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!