About us: Media.Net
Media.net, powers the Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program and is a leading global contextual advertising company that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Our diverse client base includes web publishers with premium content as well as registrars, hosting companies and holders of high value domain portfolios. We aim to consistently deliver long-term superior performance by using leading-edge technology, high-quality research, and proprietary processes that allow us to display the most precisely targeted, highest paying sponsored links and ad topics. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 1000’s of terabytes of data.
With more than 850 employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
Designation – Network Operations Associate
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Candidates will be responsible for planning, design, implementation, and support of LAN, WAN, and firewalls in business-critical production environments.
- Works independently in troubleshooting and providing technical and developer support for products/solutions via email, chat, etc. in a 24*7 environment.
- Typically interact with systems administration teams or the monitoring team.
- Troubleshoots and maintains the WAN network consisting of multiple WAN links from different service providers connecting to ISPs.
- Ensure all incidents are responded to in a timely manner to avoid business impact.
- configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of routers and switches (HP, Juniper, Cisco Nexus), Firewalls devices including Sonicwall, Juniper SRX, PFSense, Strongswam and Palo Alto
- Ability to manage open source tools used for Network monitoring and management like LibreNMS, Cacti, Rancid, etc.
- Design, implement and manage the LAN, WAN setup for Media.net
- Ensure all network design documentation is updated in the systems.
- Setup, manage and maintain Wireless networks for offices using HP, Aruba Wireless products.
- Manage a large LAN deployment with more than 2000 end points
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Years of Experience: 2 to 3 years.
- Certification in JNCIA, CCNA, CCNP.
- Worked in either Enterprise or Data center environments.
- Experience with Circuit Troubleshooting and working with ISP.
- Experience with Configuring and Troubleshooting Firewalls and VPNs.
- Experience with Configuring and Troubleshooting Routing, BGP, OSPF.
- Experience with Configuring and Troubleshooting Switching VLANs, VTP, STP, HSRP, VRRP, QoS.
- Exposure to open source network monitoring tools like: Nfsen, Nagios, cacti will be an added benefit.
- Exposure to basic shell scripting and python for building internal tools will be an added benefit.
- Fundamental understanding of Windows and Linux networking stack is a must. Willing to work in rotational shifts even on weekends.
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!