About us: Media.Net
Media.net, powers the Yahoo! Bing Network Contextual Ads program and is a leading global contextual advertising company that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Our diverse client base includes web publishers with premium content as well as registrars, hosting companies and holders of high value domain portfolios. We aim to consistently deliver long-term superior performance by using leading-edge technology, high-quality research, and proprietary processes that allow us to display the most precisely targeted, highest paying sponsored links and ad topics. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 1000’s of terabytes of data.
With more than 850 employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
Job Description : System Operations Associate
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Work on projects using Linux and Windows and different application stacks
- Being part of 24 x 7 SOC Monitoring Team – Liaison with SRE, DBA, Dev, NOC teams to identify and mitigate issues reported via various monitoring apps.
- Liaise with application development and system operation teams to drive operational best practices and ensure reliable and scalable services and products
- Contribute to operational runbooks and documentation efforts
- Proactively seek out opportunities and contribute to enhancing and managing various infrastructure services such as monitoring , orchestration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Automate system configuration by writing policies and modules for puppet
- Participate as on-call support as required and remedy incidents/outages
- Implementation of permanent resolutions to prevent outages / downtimes
- Enhance and maintain our platforms for monitoring, log processing, metric collection and data visualization
- Script and code using tools like (shell/python etc) for automation and efficient management of sites/products
- Ensure infrastructure and platform security
- Ensure proper system/application/business level monitoring is in place
Who should apply for this role?
If you have :
For Experienced candidates –
- Good knowledge on Operating System (Linux and Windows) and Networking concepts
- Familiarity with any cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, AZURE.
- Familiarity with supporting applications in java, go, php, nodejs,etc
- Familiarity with tools like Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Jenkins, Git, HAProxy, etc
- Understanding of config management and infra management tools like Puppet, Ansible and Terraform
- Understanding of RDBMS and NOSQL data stores like Mysql, Redis
- Exposure to monitoring tools like Icinga, Prometheus
- Experience working on metric collection and visualization tools like Graphite, Ganglia, Kibana, Grafana, etc
- Programming abilities in languages like Python, Powershell and Bash.
- Familiarity with running Infra in colocation Data Centers, familiarity with routers, switches and load balancers
- Exposure with Virtualization and Container Orchestration
Freshers who are skilled in most of the technologies mentioned below –
- Knowledge of different operating systems (Microsoft, Unix, Linux, etc.)
- Linux – Directory structure, log files, network, boot process, etc
- Data base : SQL
- Git & Github
- Python IDE: Jupyter Notebook, Spyder
- Web frameworks: Django, Flask
- Networking – TCP IP
- Architecture Understanding
- Puppet and Icinga or worked with some monitoring tools
- ELK Stack
Good to have:
- Systems/Hardware: RAID, LOM/IPMI/IP KVMs, Dell Hardware.
- Intermediate/Expert scripting in Python, Powershell
- Applications: Database Systems Fundamentals, Nginx, Apache, Haproxy, Tomcat.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Resourcefulness and problem solving aptitude
- BE/BTech/BScIT/BCA//MScIT/MCA in Information Technology or related discipline
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!