Media.net is one of the world’s leading companies in the Contextual Advertising space that provides a wide range of advertising and traffic monetization solutions. Since its founding, Media.net has constantly broken new ground in building innovative contextual advertising solutions. We serve our contextual real-time ads customized for each visitor and each page view across billions of visitors, across 10’s of millions sites/domains on a server infrastructure that runs 1000+ CPUs, terabytes of RAM, and 100’s of pentabytes of data.
With more than 1300 employees, Media.net has one of the largest teams worldwide building a global contextual advertising business. By market cap, Media.net is one of the Top 5 largest ad tech companies worldwide. By revenue, Media.net is the #2 largest contextual advertising businesses worldwide.
Media.net is acquired by Chinese Consortium for $900 Million USD in 3rd Largest Ad Tech deal ever and this acquisition will fuel Media.net’s global expansion strategy and provide access to China’s world-class talent and capital markets.
What is the Job and Team like?
- Lead and manage the product management function for a line of business.
- Define the product roadmap and ensure successful product delivery: own the product lifecycle, which includes defining the product roadmap, working closely with the engineering team on feature specification and making decisions about implementation
- Evaluate technologies and identify opportunities to innovate and improve our features and capabilities.
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to the product/business objectives.
- Be a great storyteller, able to build a strong product narrative which clearly articulates the motivation for the project, goals, and path to success.
- Launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate constantly and quickly.
- Work with development, test, business leadership and our partner teams to ensure that product meets functional, quality, performance, scalability, privacy, security and usability goals.
- Work on capacity planning based on new customers and partners onboarding and expected traffic growth
- Write Quality functional & performance specs and lead your feature team in shipping features on time with high quality
- You will be charged with competition review and analysis, prioritizing features that provide us a competitive advantage, furthering the revenue objectives of the company and delivering a kick-ass user experience, for these projects.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and have a strong passion for quality, security and performance.
- 5+ years of experience in product management delivering highly successful and innovative dev platforms
- MBA or equivalent degree from a reputed institute preferred.
- Prior experience in software development.
- Experience leading complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational and business issues.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Thinking outside the box to develop and implement short and long-term creative solutions.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills, understanding of Web 2.0 concepts
- Great cross-group collaboration skills
- Ability to go technically deep and quickly ramp up on new technologies
- You are an Analysis Ninja and can derive insights from large amounts of data
- Ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments
- You also keep in touch with technology advancements and understand the impact of new standards on product design
- Strong independent thinker who works well in a team setting
Benefits & Perks
At Media.Net people love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Media.Net has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy employees are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!